Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Salwa Woodroffe Art

The winner takes it all (oil on canvas)

Hi Everyone,
My name is Salwa Woodroffe, and this is my first blog entry. I am an Australian artist and have been painting from very early age. However, as life got busier, painting took a second priority. I finished my Doctorate (PhD) in Medical Microbiology in the UK in 1980 and worked as a university lecturer and researcher in USA, NZ, and Australia.  During all this time I painted whenever I managed to find time away from work, children and family demands.  I treasured the time when I could hold a painting brush and produce a work of art, and I dreamed of the day that I could do painting on a permanent basis.  In 2001 I decided to follow my artistic passion and became a full-time artist working from my home studio.  I also studied visual art at TAFE and attended many workshops/art demonstrations by prominent artists; also I joined some art societies.  In 2007 I was accepted as an exhibiting member of the Royal Art Society of NSW and wrote many articles about my painting to the
Australian Artist magazine.  Now I am exhibiting my work in some Galleries and in art exhibitions.  
The Winner takes it all, is the painting I won the first prise for, and it is one of my favourites.  I like it because there is a combination of realistic style of painting and unrealistic one to express the inner mood and feelings of the figures in the painting.  In my opinion, this demands skill and imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Salwa , welcome to the world of blogging . It is great to see your beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete